RE: [IPk] Letter in Balance

>  i think
>all who make
>choices regarding having children need to think and discuss this
>thouroughly before making
>the decision.this disease has done much more to my mind than it has ever
>done to my body.
>like i said just my opinion.take care.
Hi Sharon,
I think the point you make above, (re. mental problems being greater than
physical) is very, very true. The same applies to myself and one other
member of this list describes the "condition/disease" as being different
from other diseases because it is a 25 hours per day condition.
The psychological effects of diabetes have for far too long been
disregarded. I personally also "suffer" from epilepsy, which affects the
brain directly, but the mental problems of diabetes far outweigh those of
You may be pleased to know that the BDA (apologies if name is outdated) has
at last realised that psychological problems occur (especially in children)
and are now increasing money put into that side of the problem, including
the set up of a team in Leeds, looking into this directly. How much help
this will be to you in America I do not know, but medics are beginning to
realise/listen to patients.