Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:48:31 +0100
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] insurance

Has anyone on the list insured their pump?  I ask because I doubt Minimed
will replace a pump damaged beyond repair through accident, carelessness,
misfortune, or 'act of god'.  I'm thinking particularly of nasty car
accidents, the pump falling on the floor and smashing (as mine almost did
yesterday when I caught my hand in the line and the pump almost flew out of
my pocket), being struck by lightning, etc.  And what if you caught your
hand in the line and the pump fell into the toilet?  I never cared much
about the pump being water proof until yesterday, when I started thinking
about nasty accidents.

I also doubt the Eastern Health Board, if they even agree to fund my pump
in the first place, will re-fund one damaged through carelessness.