[IPk] Funding

I thought you would all like to know that after 5 months on the pump I am
now fully funded,so nil desperandum people striving for pumps and funding.
I would be pleased if anyone knows anything about travel insurance, my
husband and I have always had an annual travel insurance which didn't,of
course cover diabetes. and as we no longer travel quite so frequently we
decided to try the erstwhile BDA insurance co.  We phoned yesterday and they
asked all kinds of questions - they wanted to know my bg's for the last week
and when I told them my diabetes was controlled by a pump they nearly had a
fit as they had never had anybody on a pump asking for insurance before so
they had to check with the medical dept. before they could offer me cover. I
had a letter this morning offering me cover.  I have never before thought
about cover for diabetes as I have always been confident that after 50 years
I could cope with any eventuality but in America everything is so expensive
especially pumps etc. so it looks as if I've broken new ground - have pump
will travel. Best wishes. IF.