Re: [IPk] teeth

>I had all 4 wisdom teeth out yesterday and everything went okÖ.. ish. I was
>allowed to keep my pump on and wasnít put on a sliding scale. Although I did
>have to have a glucose drip. I went into hospital with a BG of 15. I took 3
>units which should have brought me down to 6, but no, because it was so hot
>I went MEGA hypo and after about 10 minutes of constantly calling the nurse
>she finally arrived with a doctor and a big bag of glucose which they shoved
>into the back of my handÖ. Tell you what though, it starts working within
>about 3 seconds!!!

Ele - welcome back! Why do you reckon the 3 units caused your bg to
plummet? I've often found that when I enter a hospital/doctor environment I
become very insulin sensitive. Something to do with nerves and stress I
think. I tend to pop a few glucose tablets to keep things up.

mailto:email @ redacted