[IPk] Dave's Missing Message etc.

Hello all,
Gee, and I thought y'all were ignoring me! Glad to hear I was wrong.
Thanks for the suggestions about the tubing, but I just tallied up my
dwindling store - I only have three 10 packs of the older tubing left.
Estelle e-mailed me about this as well, but I'll just struggle through.
After all, thieves shouldn't complain about their booty.  The real problem
was when I had a needle without tubing and tried to change it - pull out old
needle, insert new needle and attach tubing or not. That happened when I was
in Edinburgh for an extended weekend. Fortunately, I had an ancient Minimed
infusion set in the car, which made me remember why I like the tender so
I was talking to my doctor in at the clinic in Edinburgh on Monday and the
article came up. He said that there had been "quite a few" questions about
the pump and asked if he could give me e-mail address out. So as far as the
article went it had one very important effect - people who knew nothing
about pumps before are now asking questions about them. I think we need to
be careful about recommending them to everyone - there are disadvantages,
the most important probably being that the pumper needs to understand more
about the disease. While I agree that everyone should learn as much as they
can, many persons don't. And that could have a very bad effect on a person
not pumping, even worse on a pumper.  If someone has good control with a pen
or shots and is happy with that, then they really shouldn't change. If it
works, don't fix it (I wish I followed that more with computers!!). On the
other hand, if a person tries with everything else and still can't get good
control, or is unhappy with other kinds of therapy, then the pump should be
available. The last thing we need is a patient getting a pump who then has
serious problems from it - the NHS would never allow them then.
Well, back to work!