Re: [IPk] reusing tubing

Hi Di

If you have to remove the set after a day, then you have lost 1-2 days worth
of needle, but your tubing will still last a week.  Our tenders are
detachable at site - I don't think I'm explaining this very well.  Does that
now make sense??

>In theory, yes, but what happens when you either mess up an insertion
>or have to remove the set, say, after a day?
>This month I went through many more sets than tubing as a result of
>this. I guess it is minimal, but I just thought it woudl be a good

As you know Disetronic don't recommend using the cartridge(reservoir) more
than once, but this is irrelevant anyway bacause you can't say which is more
dangerous; to re-use either the cartridge or the tubing, because they are
made of different things and do different jobs.  All we can do is set
guidelines and the rest is up to the patient.

If you choose to re-use cartridges and tubing, then you take you chances
basically.   It might 'pay' off for a while but there's always the exception
to the rule, eventually you could get caught out.

Kind regards