Re: [IPk] reusing tubing

Diana Maynard wrote:
> Another question I've been wondering about.
> Assuming that it's safe to use a reservoir several times (which I know
> many people do), is there any reason why you shouldn't reuse the
> tubing several times too? I can never remember how many times I've
> used the tubing and reservoir since I prefill them before I use them.

Di -

Don't forget that the tubing gets exposed to all the hazards of the real
world: it gets nicked, stretched, twisted etc. OK, it's fairly robust,
but why take chances? So I generally change the tubing when I change the
reservoir - that's about once a week. I regard the 2 as an integral
unit. I use Tenders and change the infusion every 2 days or so. This
means I have plenty of spare tubing lying around.

> I mean, I know you can use them twice, but is there any problem with,
> say, using them 4 or 5 times? For the reservoir, I guess the lubricant
> wears off, but what about the tubing? And how many times is it safe to
> use the reservoir? I only half fill mine as i don't like to have the
> end sticking out.

How long is a piece of string? The more you use it, the more the risk of
malfunction. It's your choice as to how much risk you want to expose
yourself to. The cautious will follow the manufacturers guidelines. The
reckless will do otherwise 8-/

mailto:email @ redacted