Re: [IPk] diabetes question, not pump related

Hi Clare,

Sounds familiar, when I was dx I got started on the 4x4 regime, and told to
call in every day to the nurse to check.  I also had an appointment booked
for a couple of weeks with the dietician and another DSN education for a
few weeks after, along with a consultant appt for about 3 months after.
I think they're just starting low and safe as they have no idea how she'll
react to the insulin.  It's a lot to take in so I guess they have to make a
call on what they think can be retained by the family.  As long as the
levels steadily decrease I think that's all they will look for, also it's
not good to crash BG levels down if they have been uncontrollably high for
a while as it can cause eye problems.

I'd be asking the nurse to give my details to her when they meet and pass
on so that she knows she can come to you with any=thing she's worried
about.  It's very hard not to diev in and overload a newbie though!

With every good wish,

Iain.
T1 Essex, UK.
Minimed 515 pump