RE: [IPk] diabetes question, not pump related

Yes, it is scary Christine

 I'm amazed at the doctor first of all in my example who didn't just do a finger
prick test to RULE diabetes out
 With those 3 major symptoms, she could have been on her way to hospital
earlier, instead she was left to go home until she was admitted as an emergency
and hooked up to drip and very poorly (so I've been told)

 OK docs don't know everything but..... with those 3 things and of course she
was desperately tired and ill andhad lost loads of weight!

 And yeah, just seems so hit and miss as to what care you get, what information!
How can they not give you an ALFFI/DAFNE booklet or something?
 Isn't one of the (many, I know) first things explained that from now on you
need to count carbs in everything - they do that in bl**dy diet classes! You're
told what to count and given a booklet containing all the amounts! Off you go
and start counting or else you don't lose weight.