Re: [IPk] diabetes question, not pump related

 She should go to St George's & see Claire (DSN) & Dr Bain. They got me through
the first couple of years safely (HbA1Cs of 6ish). I was a sporty 16 year-old.

 The first couple of days were intense, out-patient learning. They were very
supportive.

> On 30 Jan 2014, at 15:37, Diana Maynard <email @ redacted> wrote:
>
 > Oh I see - well you can always tell the school nurse then to tell her!
However, the not exercising with high BG can be a bit of a misnomer. If you have
high BG but haven't been high for hours, it's usually fine (the main reason not
to exercise in this case is if you have low levels of circulating insulin, and
in most cases this won't be the case unless you've had high BG for some hours).
It is a very individual thing though. The main thing is just that if it's high
she obviously doesn't need any carbs!