[IPk] New Accu Chek Pump Upgrade

Hi all
 Following on from the meet up the other night & discussion about Accu Chek,
saying they would upgrade newer Combos to the new pump when available, I decided
to ask about this as I was on the phone to them anyway.
 I got a very interesting reply (!). As I understand it, if you previously had a
Combo at the end of its warranty and replaced it with a new Combo then you would
get the new pump when available. However (!), if you had not yet had a
pump/Combo then this offer does not exist. There may be an agreement with your
hospital but this is on a case by case basis.
Apparently the only way to find out is to speak to your DSN!
 I know I was told I would be eligible for an upgrade but have nothing in
writing (that I can remember) & will be bit annoyed if I am not given the choice
when the new pump appears. I feel a bit duped. Even if I am one of the lucky
ones, I don't think it's right that other new users are potentially missing out.
Has anyone else heard anything - especially if you are a new pumper?
 To be honest I am happy with my current pump but I do like the look of the new
one with its smooth corners (easier to hide!!).
Thanks
Philippa
T1 18yrs Pumping 6mths

SPAR There for you

Disclaimer
 This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of SPAR (UK) Limited. If you are
not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
notify the administrator email @ redacted
Registered Address: SPAR (UK) Ltd, 66-68 College Road, Harrow, Middx, HA1 1BE.
Place of Registration: England
TEL: 0208 426 3700
FAX: 0208 426 3701
Registered No: 634226
Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?