[IPk] Excercise causing high BG level

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me with this please?  I have just started Pilates
classes and as per the advice in "Think like a Pancreas", I have dropped my
bolus rate at dinner time to 90% of the recommended food dose.  I then
attended Pilates class about 90 minutes later.  Last night my BG was 7.2 at
the end of the hour long class i.e. 9.30 p.m, which I thought was OK, but
was perplexed to see it rise later to 11.4 at midnight.  I was expecting it
to fall, not go up!  As I am trying to tone up and lose some weight, I am
disappointed that I may have to give myself more insulin, not less.  Can
anyone explain to me what is going on please?

Thanks.

Suzanne Allen