[IPk] Lowering carb intake

I know there has been lots of info about lowering carb intake recently. I just
thought I'd share my experience
I became really depressed about my weight in the autumn.
 I have always had problems and in 2006 I self funded gastric by-pass surgery.
I lost about 4 stone but struggled with
1) losing any more weight
2)Trying to keep the weight off and regaining weight.
In desperation I started to follow a commercial eating plan that contains
about 45-60 grams CHO daily .
Whilst I have always fully appreciated the benefits of reducing carbs/insulin
I have never been able to do it before . I tried Bernstein and Atkins but
always ended up giving up because of hypos . I still get them but deal with
them and move on but don't give up as I used to.
I am now aware that everything tastes so sweet and I don't crave carbs like I
used to. Christmas was difficult I will admit and it has been difficult to get
back into it. Unsurprisingly I now use far less insulin and my DSN has helped
with reducing insulin sensitivity and carb ratios as again I would have given
up as I was getting so many hypos and did not associate the two.
Having had diabetes for 55 years you'd have thought I'd know this already ,
which I did but couldn't apply it to me ! The real evidence is I've lost 21
lbs , all my blood results are much steadier and my HbA1c has come down from
the equivalent of 8.2% to 7%. Things are not perfect but I'm really pleased
with the new results

Carmel Type 1 since 1959 Medtronic pump started January 2000