RE: [IPk] I hope this works

Back in 2004 a company called Lein Applied Diagnostics contacted me regarding
monitoring BG levels via a contact lens type device.

Dan Daly  told me that Lein was formed about 2003 they built and tested their
first lab bench prototypes.  According to Dan D, they were getting very
 encouraging results but they then needed to perform a large number of
additional
measurements on a large number of subjects to prove the system works under all
conditions, before they could start the CE and FDA clinical trials processes
that leads to approval to sell an instrument. He wasn't expecting anything to
happen for about 3 or 4 years.  That was over 10 years ago

 Their system measured the glucose in the aqueous humor in the front of the eye.
I was told that the  process would to be to hold a mobile phone sized meter up
to the eye, press a button and there will be short flash of red light (from an
 LED as found on the front of most electrical devices these days). A reading
will
then be given on a screen

I don't know whether Lein are still working on this product but the "contact
lens" and measuring the glucose levels in this way has been an idea that has
been around for over a decade.

This is all I can find on their website
http://www.lein-ad.com/diabetes_care.html

Jackie J