Re: [IPk] I hope this works

Hi Rhoda

Re the contact lenses, I personally first heard about a photometric version
at a conference in in Philadelphia in 2004. I was underwhelmed.

When the Google version hit the headlines, I trawled the web for technical
assessments of the lag time of tear fluid vs capillary blood and found a
review article from a few years ago.

It's not so much that I know stuff off the top of my head, but I know the
search terms I need to locate information quickly and once I know it, I do
tend to retain it somehow.

I guess the trade-off is I can never remember any of my passwords for
telephone banking! ;P

Regarding Google having access to folks' data: actually you may be rather
safe if an American company has your health data because of the federal law
called HIPAA (pronunciation: 'hippa'). See
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/

Here in the UK we don't have HIPAA and the GP data extraction is going
ahead despite concerns over whether it's being done well:

http://www.bigbrotherwatch.org.uk/home/2014/01/patients-remain-ill-informed-changes-medical-records.html

All best
Melissa