[IPk] Pump Funding

Hi,

Thank you for your comments about my pump funding problem.

Melissa: thanks for that useful point.  I have an appointment with the
consultant in May.  I need to agree another target a bit higher than 7.3
with her as I have been experiencing a lot of hypos to get it.  Also, for
the last 6 weeks I have been doing two hourly blood tests through the night,
every night, to try to get the overnight basal doses right.  The situation
is therefore untenable in the long run and I need to agree a more realistic
target with her.  I will then ask her to put that in writing to me.

Di: You asked why I had postponed the holiday.  The reason is that I always
struggle to have good control when I'm on holiday.  I'm used to weighing
everything at home, which I can't do on holiday and I'm not very good at
guesstimating carb amounts even with the help of the "Carbs & Cals" app on
my phone. Also had problems with the app showing portion sizes at times.
With the holiday we are hoping to do, we'll be on the move quite a lot so I
won't even have the benefit of being in one place for long enough to start
working out the carbs from that hotel's portions.  I didn't want three weeks
of possibly out of target results to have a negative impact on my HbA1C
result.  I have to say though, that that I have a few more tools to fire
fight with now, so may have slightly better control this time.

Regards,

Suzanne