Re: [IPk] Pump Funding

Hi Suzanne

Glad to hear it's all worked out.

A letter from the clinic stating that you should aim for 8.0 should be
enough for a commissioner to see that you have met treatment goals if your
A1C is around 8%.

You can ask your diabetes consultant to write to you and your GP to confirm
that your clinic will continue to support you in using the pump and that
funding will continue as long as you stay around 8.

I am sure you want to avoid going through this whole palaver again next
year. As consultants can change roles, it could be good for both your GP
and you to have a written record of the agreed treatment goal and the
clinic's position of support.

Have a great trip to Thailand!

Melissa