[IPk] Pump Funding

Dear Folks,

Just wanted to share some good news with you.

A little while ago I wrote to the forum because I was very stressed at being
told if I didn't get my HbA1c level down from 8.6 I might not get any
further funding for my pump.  When I asked the doctor what target I should
aim for, she vaguely pointed to about 7.0 on a wall chart.  I wrote to her
later saying, amongst other things, that I thought that target was too low
for a someone with gastro paresis and difficult to control diabetes, having
had it for 63 years.  I got a letter back suggesting I aim for 8.0 but not
specifically saying I would get funding if I achieved that.

Anyway, I aimed to get it down to 7.0.  Today I saw the diabetic nurse and
the blood test showed a HbA1c of 7.3, so the nurse said they would
immediately apply for funding!  Phew what a relief, I've been on the job
24/7 and can now relax a little.  Also my husband and I had to put a holiday
to Thailand on hold until I got good results so hopefully, if we can get a
late booking, Thailand here we come.

Thank you for all the help and advice you gave me.

Suzanne Allen