From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf
Of Hayward, Clare (SUT)
Sent: 14 January 2014 14:18
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] low carbs/no carbs

Hello everyone

 I'm sorry if this is repetition of earlier query (I've got a recollection
of
this subject has been mentioned before and I know some of you out there
advocate
or are on low carb diets and also I'm a little bit ashamed to ask it,
because I
think I should know:

What if you didn't have carbs with a meal? Or several meals?

  I've forgotten now why we are all supposed to be eating carbs at every
meal. I
was dx 1984 and I was told 3 meals plus snacks in between and before bed
every
day (I was in that regime/era) and I know things moved on with MDIs where
you
can vary carb amounts instead of eating set carbs for each meal with your
set
pre doses, but now on the pump, what if I wanted to go no or really minimal
carbs for 1 or more meals? Not as a dietary change but say having an
omelette
and salad - no need for carbs, just as an example

Thanks

Clare Hayward
T1 33 years
Pumping Medtronic Veo 11 months
Last HBa1C 54
________________________________

Important Notice

 This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
addressee.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure copying or
distribution
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.You should notify the sender immediately
and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Please note that any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely
those of the author and may not represent those of the Company or School.
No liability is accepted by The Girls' Day School Trust for any loss or
damage
incurred through use of this e-mail.

The Girls' Day School Trust. A limited company Registered in England No.
6400
 Registered Charity No. 306983. Registered Office: 100 Rochester Row, London
SW1P 1JP