Re: [IPk] dehydration and stomach bug

Hi Di so sorry to hear yr poorly sounds awful.

I have no experience of this but have  jus looked on NHS website and it does
say severe dehydration is if u haven't had a wee in over 8 hours along with
various other symptons have a look and c what u think.

I don't want to b dramatic as goin to hospital is grim but if u r able to get
fluids down u and r still not weeing perhaps u should go?

Hannah

Sent from Samsung Mobile

<email @ redacted> </div><div>Date:10/01/2014  17:10  (GMT+00:00)
and stomach bug </div><div>
 Not really DM-related, but I've been suffering from a vicious stomach bug
since
Monday when i got back from Nepal, and i'm a bit worried about dehydration.
Since last night at about 10pm I haven't peed at all, despite drinking
several
litres of alternately water with rehydration stuff in, hot lemon, peppermint
tea
and some regular tea (basically whatever I can stomach) and despite not
vomiting
etc since last night. I've had some soup and ryvita and a little bit of rice.
My
hands look like I've been in the bath for hours and I have a headache,
dizziness
if i stand up for long, and muscle aches. in the night I had terrible cramp
in
my feet every hour. really don't want to go to hospital (not a great place to
have D&V!) if I can avoid it. BGs a little high -10ish) but nothing too.
terrible, just increased my basals a little more.

 I live alone and slightly concerned about passing out, as no one would come
looking for me for days!

Thoughts?
Di

Sent from my iPad