[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V5 #320. weird turn whilst driving

 Update on my weird turn whilst driving. I have seen my GP and also re-ran the
Sunday morning again the next week, with roughly the same BG 8.0 ish but with my
husband driving.(Rushed to church at just after 8.30am, took a correction bolus
+ enough to cover 6g biscuit. About 9am had a very strong coffee and drove
around delivering Christmas Cards.. About The same time, the coffee adrenalin
rush hit me. Made me very disorientated and jittery and my memory wasn't
working. Taking that into account, my GP agreed with the very experienced GP at
the hospital that it wasn't a mini stroke or TIA and that deep investigation
wasn't necessary. So I agree with them. My GP is also chasing up Wycombe
hospital for my promised CGM loan.

  I have decided that the combination of insulin and an adrenalin rush and BG!s
each time of 11 or 12 caused the problem. (my fasting test has never included
insulin on an empty stomach.)
 I think I shall try and wean myself off strong coffee and find a good decaf
one. I shall also not repeat the empty stomach, insulin and strong coffee
scenario. My BGs are all over the place, so firstly I shall start by monitoring
the time before food that I take insulin.

Thank you all for your help and observations

Tricia Barker