new Medtronic 640G (was Re: [IPk] Target Ranges)

Di:

The 640G is Medtronic's follow on from the veo. From what I can find out over
the internet (try Googling Medtronic 640G), it is scheduled for introduction
in Europe (i.e. it will get its CE mark) sometime in 2013.

Here is a link

http://diatribe.us/issues/44/new-now-next/3

I cannot find out a lot of detailed information as to how it differs from the
Veo. The main thing seems to be that the low BG suspend function (which works
with the CGMS) will now work on the predicted hypo alogrithm rather than when
BG falls below a set threshold. The idea is that it should be more intelligent
and cut in to prevent a hypo better. However, given that the number seems to
deviate from Medtronic's existing 5/7xx system, I wonder if there are other
improvements too. My feeling is that if I upgrade now to a veo, I will be
again stuck with a pump that is deemed obsolescent for the next 5 years
whereas if I can hang on, I will be in at the start of the next generation.

Joel