[IPk] Re: testing basals, Rapids and high bg

>From the subsequent emails, it sounds as if there could have been
multiple causes here. But another one may be that you ate this meal, as
far as I understand, after fasting for several hours. It is well-known
that when eating after a fast, one needs a higher insulin:carb ratio
than normal. I'm not sure of why it happens, but it certainly happens
to me.

Nanette

I did wonder about this, the fact that there was no bolus in the system for so
long.  Anyway the aftermath was that I was down to 10.7 at bedtime and woke up
at 2.8 at 7am!!!  Seem to be back to my normal pattern today though.

Donna