[IPk] Re: testing basals, Rapids and high bg

email @ redacted writes:

>Any  ideas why the high hike in the bg???   I can't believe I
estimated
the
>carb content so wrong.

>From the subsequent emails, it sounds as if there could have been
multiple causes here. But another one may be that you ate this meal, as
far as I understand, after fasting for several hours. It is well-known
that when eating after a fast, one needs a higher insulin:carb ratio
than normal. I'm not sure of why it happens, but it certainly happens
to me.

Nanette