From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of Diana Maynard
Sent: 31 January 2005 16:20
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] RE: Pump site

Hi Marion
I use my stomach (all parts of it), buttock and thighs, with the Silly
Wet
(Silhouette) infusion sets which I insert manually (though I've also
used all
these sites with Sofsets).
For the buttocks, I use the area underneath where my back jeans pocket
is. I
can reach just far enough to do it. I find that they feel very
comfortable,
but scar more than the other sites.
For the thighs, I use the same areas as I used to inject, ie all round
the
front and side of the thigh, at the top. No problems with the tubing (I
just
leave it under my jeans or tuck it into my knickers if I'm wearing a
skirt). I
usually have the pump in my pocket, on my belt, or in my bra. The thighs
don't
tend to scar so much, but I haven't used them much. I do find I have
more of a
tendency to catch things on the set and pull it out accidentally, when
it's in
my thigh, and (to a lesser extent) in my buttocks.
I prefer the stomach, but I try to rest it every so often as I do have
quite a
few scars. I find that when I'm stressed or my body is stressed (not
necessarily the same thing) my sets don't last nearly as long and I get
more
scarring. A few weeks ago I could barely make a set last 2 days, and I
had
terrible scars. It was the same time that my body was very sensitive, I
kep
tgetting rashes and itching skin, and my asthma was worse. No idea why,
but my
body was obviously stressed.

I normally get 3 days out of a set, then absorption takes a noticeable
dive...
Hope that helps
Di