From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of Tori
Sent: 31 January 2005 12:29
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] RE: Pump site

Hi Marion

I haven't posted here lately (been far too busy!) so I don't know you,
but
I just wanted to reply to this.

I've been pumping for 28 years (with a break of almost 5 years starting
about ten years ago). For all of those years, I have probably used my
abdomen about 5 times. Abdomen sites just don't work for me. They don't
last and my absorption is erratic.

However, the sites I have used for the last 5 years - usually my thighs
and
occasionally my upper buttocks -  (using Humalog and Novorapid) have not

scarred at all. Previously I had a lot of dystrophy from sites, but I
was
using fixed metal needles and diluted Actrapid in my hips.

I routinely get 6 days to a site, and my record is 15 days. My point is
that not everyone scars, and not everyone has difficulties with sites.

I hope that gives you some reassurance... but of course, until your
daughter starts pumping, you won't really know.

Cheers,

Tori

At 10:02 PM 31/01/2005, you wrote:

>Hi John & Everyone,
>
>Interesting what you say about your abdomen, does everyone scar
>differently?  Just wondering about my 10 year old daughter who isn't
>pumping y4et but who likes to wear a bikini (and I'm sure will still
>want to as she grows older).
>Is a definite that pumping will leave you with quite an aftermath no
>matter how good your sites are?
>
>Would be interested to hear from some of you bikini wearing ladies.
>

>Marion

Victoria (Tori) Davidson
Founder and CEO, Hypostasis Ltd.
ABN 47 105 322 192