Re: [IPk] Help Needed

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:35:54 -0800, email @ redacted
<email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi All
>
>  I have had high sugars over the past couple of days. I changed my set last
 > night. This morning I woke up feeling really poorly and thirsty. So much so
that
> I dare'nt touch our new baby in case I dropped her or something.
>
>  I have now discovered that no insulin is being delivered by the tubing. I've
 > primed the set and it does the motions but provides no insulin. I've changed
the
> set adapter and everything and now the pump is giving indiscriminate doses,
 > though it does seem to be too little rather than too much. For instance, 2
units
 > of insulin would normally show three to four drops coming out of the tube.
The
> last time it showed about half a drop! Earlier it showed two.
>
 > My blood sugar is currently running in the mid twenties and I have two pluses
 > of ketones. I'm injecting and drinking loads at the moment to try and flush
out
> the ketones. I have a spare pump, but am worried about activating it unless
> absolutely necassary.
>
> I use a D-Tron plus pump at the moment.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. I don't recall suffering
anything like this myself (I have a DTronPlus too) but I would
strongly recommend that you use a new insulin cartridge (unless you've
already done that). I have a couple of times in the past found one
cartridge - or even box of cartridges - to be 'dodgy'. I think this
sometimes happens because of the amount of silicon on the end of the
cartridge, but I do suspect that sometimes the insulin itself is just
not 'right'.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Karen