Re: [IPk] Length for infusion site

> Hi
>
> This is a naive and very silly question I know but here goes.  I don't
> remember asking why we have to change the site every 2-3 days.  Would it
> cause problems if left in longer?

Along about day 4, the site begins to look a little "crufty" when the
hole is examined with a magnifying glass (set removed). The
deterioration of the tissue at this point is just barely noticable. Day
5 and beyond, the tissue damage is more pronounced, with the edges more
ragged and red. This progresses the longer you leave in the set. I ran
this experiment with my daughter several years ago to find out the
answer to this question for myself. Lily changes her sets twice a week,
every 3rd/4th day. The extra day gives her a lot of flexibility for
"busy" days.

Michael