[IPk] No overnight insulin

Well, I'm a sweet chap this morning. My wife's away for the week with
work. I was woken at 2am by my one-year-old son Nicholas having a
good-old scream. I got up to kiss and cuddle him back to sleep. But
he was having none of it. Left my pump in my bed, and took him
downstairs to give him some milk. Eventually he went back to sleep,
and I collapsed back in my bed. 6am - you've guessed it - I found I'd
forgotten to reconnect my pump. I bolussed 4 units for good measure,
and got up properly at 7:30am. Felt a bit groggy, but I was surprised
to find my BG was "only" 11.4. Not ideal, but for a night without
insulin I was surprised.

Let me archive my basal rates here again:
00:00 0.6
04:00 0.9
07:00 0.7
13:00 0.6
14:00 0.4
16:00 0.5
17:00 0.7
18:00 0.9
21:00 0.6
22:00 0.7

0.6+0.6+0.9+0.9=3.0. So bolussing 4.0 was a little too much, but I
seem to have survived OK. And I'm not convinced my overnight rates
are correct in any case, but I'm too lazy to deal with it. No doubt
it will crash catastrophically later in the morning ;-)

John
(We've had heavy snow here in Freiburg for the last 2 days, so our
winter-wonderland has finally arrived.)
--
mailto:email @ redacted
http://www.webshowcase.net/johnneale