[IPk] rowing...again

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with another exercise sort of
question. I am training really hard at the moment in a good boat and as
part of this, one of our training sessions is a 'crazy ergometer'(!) where
we do not very long (3mins) of high intensity, high rating, then have 3
mins off then 3 mins on etc... When I first started doing high rating stuff
about 80% of the time I was going hypo within the first 5mins with the only
symptom being shakiness. I've now sorted out a combined insulin/eating
solution to the problem of going hypo but whenever I do high ratings I feel
hypo 4-5mins into the workout (even though I'm not). This really messes me
up as I convince myself that I must be hypo and try to keep going but not
pulling as hard but then my splits increase so I think I really really must
be hypo. Frustratingly when I stop having got rubbish scores I find that my
BG is perfect (possibly even more frustrating that it actually being low!).
I'm fairly sure that it isn't a case of my BG from blood in my finger being
different from my venous BG as I am still in normal range 30mins later. Any
tips would be much appreciated! but maybe it's just a matter of practice
and convincing myself! Sarah DM1 8y, 508 2y, rowing 1y