Re: [IPk] Continuous Glucose Monitoring and other things

John,
You are correct.  The idea is to see how MDI patients are  fairing over a
longish period or pumpers who find it impossible to get an  acceptable HBA1c,
i.e. 7ish.

With a radio link it's too easy to put the unit down and walk into  another
 room. Should this happen the machine stops. Next, you have to get it to find
the radio link, this takes 8 minutes.  Now you have to  input a finger Bg
 result into the machine. I can tell you this isn't funny twice in one night!
EVERY night.
Last night (23rd Jan) was the first in 2 weeks that I've not been  woken up
 by one problem or another associated with the Guardian. If pumps were as iffy
as this machine I'm sure no one would be using them.
On the other hand progress is being made within the diabetic  community, I
only hope I'm one who is contributing.  Being retired does  help.
 Cheers,
Terry