Re: [IPk] Continuous Glucose Monitoring and other things

>The Guardian RT is still undergoing trials, I know cos I'm one of 3  pumpers
>testing it.  The cost is #2000.

How much would you pay to avoid having diabetic complications or
avoid them getting worse???

>The machine isn't as good as  a finger type
>test, also you have another insert into your body.  The info  is sent to the
>receiving unit via a radio link, this too can't be trusted as  many, many
>things can and do upset it.

I'm intrigrigued to know why they consider the radio link essential.
I don't know about you, but I tend to get dressed in the morning,
where my clothes all day, and change into my pyjamas when I go to
bed. Wearing a pump is easy in that context, and so was wearing a
CGMS.

Giving insulin by radio link in tricky I accept(!) but are they
aiming this device heavily at non-pump users perhaps?

John
--
mailto:email @ redacted
http://www.webshowcase.net/johnneale