Re: [IPk] pump interferences

>I didn't think there was a risk really in the ambulance but looking at all
>these electronic things on the shelves like the blood pressure machines and
>resucitation equip I just wondered.

It's good to be cautious; but also good to know where the real risks
do actually lie...

One thing that frightens me is the massive drop in air pressure when
flying. If you've got bubbles in your reservoir, a significant amount
of insulin may get sucked out (and into you) while in the air, and
you will be denied that insulin when you land. Does that make sense?
Yet nowhere in the instruction manuals does it tell you to disconnect
while the flight is ascending, and reconnecting when you reach
altitude, and to disconnect on descent, and when you land, bolus till
you see you insulin coming out, and then reconnect. Or am I being
silly?

And I guess a change in air pressure due to a change in weather
conditions might affect insulin delivery as well.

John
--
mailto:email @ redacted
http://www.webshowcase.net/johnneale