Re: [IPk] Continuous Glucose Monitoring and other things

HI Aisling

> Nanette mentioned injections. I still use injections quite a lot.
> Injected Humalog hits me faster than bolused Humalog.

I also mentioned injections in my message headed 'Unsuspected Glucose Rise'.
The reason that I used it was that I wondered if the pump had a bubble, was
blocked at site entrance or whether the pump had gone wrong.  I have been
taught to do this whenever I am high, bolus more with the pump and nothing
happens by 1 hour later.  Here, as I said, it made little difference until I
had put in an extra 4 with the syringe.

> I'm certainly getting odd BGs at the moment. I know I have other
> health issues on the go which certainly won't be helping,

Me too

 but I may > ask my clinic for another CGMS.

Is this using the Glukowatch?  I didn't think to ask them if I could use one
of these again.  I did mention the Guardian but the nurse did not seem
impressed.

> REPLY:

Your reply here also seems relevant to my message

> Hi John
>
> Have you ever considered that erratic insulin absorption can be a sign of
>  > lipodystrophy - that skin damage at injection sites might not always be
> manifest with visible indentations or bumps - but that unpredicatable
> insulin absortption
> can be another sign of it?

I had also thought of this and had changed my site from my stomach to the
top of my leg which I have not used before.

> .. (sorry - I realise I'm on my rant for the day but this problem is
> rarely if > ever spoken about and I feel strongly about it!).

Don't apologise.  It's all interesting information.

June
T1 43 years, pump almost 2 years