Re: [IPk] Unexpected glucose rise

Hi June,

The reasons why bgs shoot up vary enormously.  The obvious ones to check
are for bubbles in the tube, oncoming infections, etc.  You might find
it helpful to write them down as a list so you can reassure yourself
that you haven't forgotten anything.

If there is no obvious cause, I would be tempted to suspect the beans.
I find they send me higher than they 'should' - I blame the high protein
content.

Why not try again and see if you get the same results (i.e. fast over
lunch, have beans for tea)?  If you do, then you know to bolus extra for
beans in this circumstance.

But it may just be 'one of those things' - don't beat yourself up for
such odd highs occasionally.

Best wishes,

Pat

dm 30+, 508 3+