From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of email @ redacted
Sent: 21 January 2005 12:35
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] sqaure wave

Hi Marion

We use square wave when Ryan has pizza or  McD's it stops his  blood
sugars
going low and then climbing a few hours later due to the fat  content of
the
food.

There is also a dual wave function which I haven't used very much  at
all

You also mentioned in an early message about pros and cons of the pump,
this
week Ryan has had chicken pox, the pump has made controlling his blood
 suagrs whilst ill so much easier we've increased his basal rate, left
him if he
hasn't wanted to eat and any food he has eaten we had to increase his
bolus
amount. We've still had some high readings but we managed to get rid of
them
within hours we couldn't of done that without the pump so easily and
quickly

Denise mum to Ryan age 8 dxd @ 9mnths pumping since Dec 2003