Re: [IPk] going back to injections

> Is it best to go back to Insulatard in an emergency? Glad it worked for
> you, but I feel I might be happier taking Pork Actrapid every 3 or 4
> hours as an overnight basal. It's an insulin I've been happy with in the
> past - with a regular release, not too much peak etc. Having said that,
> I have precisely zero in stock, so I'm a fine one to talk!
>
> John

I debated this long and hard (in my slightly stressed out state at 11pm). I
was on the phone to my boyfriend at the time when I pulled out the infusion
set, and I even discussed it with him. The problem is that I have no Actrapid.
I haven't used it for over 10 years. And I'm very reluctant to use more than 1
unit or so of Humalog at a time, which would mean injecitng every hour through
the night, because Humalog works very fast in me, and I reckon I'd be hypo
within about 15 minutes of taking 1 unit, even with no background insulin.
Insulatard always worked a bit randomly in me, but just to be contrary, the
one night I took Insulatard, I had perfect BGs all night (in the 6s). Last
night I was back on the pump, and I went to bed with a BG of 7 and woke up
this morning with a BG of 16!
Di