Re: [IPk] going back to injections

>Before I start, the moral of this story is "order your consumables
>in plenty of time".....

Dr Di - I am shocked. Quite shocked. And a  woman of your experience
and knowledge ;-)

As you say, organisation, organisation... Like you, despite my
background, I WILL NOT replace things until I am down to my last test
strip, or my last dribble of insulin. No idea why. Is that why I am
the guy I am? All adds to the fun of life???

Curiously I seem to have accumulated quite a surfeit of infusion sets
over the last year or so. My latest trip to the diabetes clinic I
needed insulin, test strips and reservoirs, but no infusion sets!
Boxes of Tenders are stacked smugly on the shelf in my office.

Is it best to go back to Insulatard in an emergency? Glad it worked
for you, but I feel I might be happier taking Pork Actrapid every 3
or 4 hours as an overnight basal. It's an insulin I've been happy
with in the past - with a regular release, not too much peak etc.
Having said that, I have precisely zero in stock, so I'm a fine one
to talk!

John
--
mailto:email @ redacted