From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of June Searle
Sent: 18 January 2005 22:54
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Continuous Glucose Monitoring

Terry

I too was doing 7 a day previously and hope to get back to it soon.  I
think
things are getting a little better but I had basals before which were
larger
at meal times and compensated the boluses.  Also I was using a ratio of
1:8
for food as I was told 15, 10 or 8 were the only possible numbers I
could
use!  I now better understand what others do and am using 1:7.  This is
OK
during the day but at this time of day I find the bg is going low and
last
night went very low at 1.00 am.  I wonder if some people use a different

ratio at different times of the day.  I see no reason why this should
not be
Ok.  If I went back to 1:8 for the evening meal I might solve my
problem.  I
can't cut the basals as they are already 0.1.  I do have the dawn
phenomenon
and the basal goes up to 1.1 at 5.00 am.  It's just till then that I get

worried.

June