Re: [IPk] Continuous Glucose Monitoring

In message <email @ redacted>, Melissa P. Ford
<email @ redacted> writes
>We have gotten so convinced that fingerstick bgs are the ultimate measure of
>accuracy but they're not. First, they are about 11 minutes 'off' from venous
>bgs

Wow!  Thanks for that Melissa (and for package which arrived safely
while I was in York, and have probably forgotten to thank you for).

I didn't know that.  It explains both why one MUST wait 15 mins before
re-measuring while treating a hypo, and why the bg measurement doesn't
always co-incide with my feelings!

Now, when is someone going to explore the use of dousing to detect
venous bgs?  Dowsers find what they are looking for, so they can detect
not just walls, but walls of different dates (going looking for a
building of, say 1500, will not find walls from 1300).

I visited another continuous monitor's site (Dexon, I think the name
is).  It's implanted, with radio transmitter. Do you know anything about
that one?

Cheers,

Pat
(woke up at 5.2 this morning ... if only it really was this easy!)
--
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted