Re: [IPk] reply to Ken - ketones

my undestanding of reactive hypoglycaemia is that it occurs as a result of
 impaired glucose tolerance or "early " diabetes. Insulin production in response
 to  food in people without diabetes consists of an immediate response
 followed by a slower one. I understand that in these conditions the rapid early
response is affected first resulting in early post prandial hyperglycaemia
 followed by overproduction of the second phase of insulin secretion resulting
in
a hhypo. I think this is how Berrnstein explained it