RE: [IPk] reply to Ken - ketones

Michele

I have never heard of people developing diabetes if their blood sugars are
low or they use the Atkins or Atkins type diets.  Type 1 diabetes is caused
by an autoimmune condition which damages the beta cells in the pancreas.
Can you give some sources for your information.

I do know that people without diabetes can have low blood sugars and pass
out.  It happen to a neighbour's student daughter, who passed out after not
eating proper meals for 48 hours.   Also a few years back, when my husband
when my husband tried a rather too low calorie diet regimen, with too much
obsessive running he would go hypo, though didn't quite pass out. (god he
was terrible to live with back then!!) but I cant see how this would provoke
diabetes.
Lots of people do have hypo like symptoms, headaches, feeling faint when
their blood sugar is low, from not eating much, or missing meals but this
does not mean that they have reactive hypoglycaemia.

Though I am not saying that some people or your daughter does not have this
condition.

Jackie