Re: [IPk] Variable insulin resistance etc

Thanks - unfortunately I have the greatest swings in the morning
(anything from 3 to 15 when I wake up - actualy, rarely in the range 7
to 10 - always under 7 or 10-15).

Lows come from a random number generator, so I can't reduce the basals
(or rather, I do reduce basals, but then have to put them up again
because reducing the basals just reduces the results in the under-7
range, and increases those in the over-10, once the activity that's
necessitated the lower basals has ceased.

I don't understand why taking, effectively, basal in 3 separate lumps
through the day, gives you better control than a properly adjusted
basal.  Ideally, one would have one of the modern pumps, which would
allow one to adjust the level of basal at each bg measurement - I have
an old one (508) that only has three pre-programmed levels.  I can set
temp boluses, but these would have to be only for an hour or so, as my
basal needs change every couple of hours.  I simply don't have time for
that kind of management.

Sorry if this is difficult to understand - I have very _weird_ blood
glucose!

Cheers,

Pat

--