Re: [IPk] Variable insulin resistance etc

email @ redacted writes:

My  targets are 4 to 7.5, and I correct down to 5 for anything over 7.5.

I  cannot reduce targets down any further as I have frequent  hypos
already.

What I _could_ do, of course, is narrow the target  to, say 4 to 6, and
give corrective boluses for anything over 6 - or even  for anything over
5.  Does anyone do that?

More testing and  more boluses (I average 5 measurements a day at the
moment) is a  possibility.

Pat
I think that if I was you I would narrow your target and give correction
 boluses before 7.5. If you do get frequent hypos, do you think that you should
 reduce your basals? Have you thought about reducing your basals and increasing
your carb boluses. This is what I do but then I do eat 3 meals a day. For
most  of the daytime hours, my basal rate is 0.1. The insulin from my meal
 boluses tends to last a good 4 hours which takes care of my low basal rate
during
the  day. I also test mid-morning and mid-afternoon as well as before meals so
that I  can give correction boluses as needed. I test 8-10 times a day. I do
get  some slight hypos but these are easily taken care of. I find it much
 easier to take care of a slight hypo than hypers. I would bet that you could
bring
down  your HbA1c by testing more often.
Regards,
Ken