RE: [IPk] Variable insulin resistance etc

Hi Pat

I have variable targets but slightly tighter than yours:

Before Meal: 4.0 - 5.5 correct to 5.0 above or below.
2 Hrs After Meal: 5.5 - 7.0 correct to 6.0 above or below.
Just before sleep: 4.5 - 5.5 correct above or below to 5.0. (I find this is
the easiest time to have tight control - fewer variables when you sleep!)

But then I am terrified that my kidneys will pack in - which is a major
incentive to stay within range and sadly my carb counting could be better -
so the 2 hrs after meal test is where most of my corrections occur (not
major ones but I guess every little helps) and I do get Hypos but not very
serious lows.

My endocrinologist has the view that not everyone can achieve tight control
all of the time - there are too many variables in life and I think he thinks
I am trying to achieve the impossible - may be I am - but as long as I feel
that I have put in as much effort as is practical then I don't be blaming
myself when (or hopefully if!) my kidneys pack in and that means that I am
able to let other Medics comments about control wash over me without getting
stressed (although your comments pre-pump helped enormously with this as
well!)

Adrian
(no expert in DM - every one is different and every one's life is
different!)