[IPk] anthropological/sociological studies on type 1 DM?

A question for my daughter, who is doing an MA in anthropology, and in
the context of a course on illness in society, is writing a paper on
various aspects of how people with type 1 DM cope in society. She is
trying to do some background reading before designing a questionnaire
to interview people (I am likely to be first interviewee of course) -
she asked if anyone knows of any books or papers on anthropological or
sociological or even psychological aspects of type 1 DM in society?
Any help or ideas would be much appreciated - you can reply to me, or
else directly to Tammy at email @ redacted
Thanks very much
Nanette