[IPk] RE: ip-uk-digest V2 #922 - variable insulin resistance etc

Pat,

Just to be different from the others who are suggesting exercise, I'd
start with your diet.  Perhaps just go back to basics with regards
to food.  Just make a change by having breakfast, then try for better
foods.   Perhaps treat yourself to pre packaged meals with carbs
labelled.  I know how weary the weariness is.

Another thought is,  because of the weight increase have you increased
your basel rate?

We look forward to hearing of the improved "Pat".  Don't worry, you'll
get there.

Heather  Iddm 44 years, DTron - 4 years

Pat wrote:

>There are a whole bundle of things contributing to, and resulting from
>the worse control, and I just don't know where to start. >a) increased
weight (up a stone) >b) cycling chest infection and severe asthma (only
since August) >c) decreased exercise (never a big one for getting out of
my chair, me, >and the pilates class folded ....) >d) steroids to treat
asthma and cortisone to treat trigger finger >e) weariness meaning that I
don't have the energy to sort this >f) weariness also means I eat worse -
I tend not to eat breakfast, lunch >is salad or soup (depending on
season), and most calories are in the >evening.  Worse food is just so
much easier to cook, and so much more >comforting!