Re: [IPk] Re: variable insulin resistance etc

Many thanks!  That is _exactly_ what I needed.  My research proposal is
winging it's way to Dr Pickup.

Can you or anyone else see the wood for the trees in my current
situation (it is soooo hard to see things from the inside, and then
others outside go ha!  can't the silly woman see ....) (and if they are
nice, they point it out gently!)

OK, for the last 12 - 15 months I have had much worse control.  My meter
average has slipped from the 8s to the low 10s. When I went on the pump,
I said if it got me below 10 (all figures are whole blood, by the way),
I would be happy.  But now I'm not happy with 9.9.  I want 7.9.  Might
settle for 8.3 ....  Hba1cs suggest that I am actually running a full
point below the meter average.

There are a whole bundle of things contributing to, and resulting from
the worse control, and I just don't know where to start.
a) increased weight (up a stone)
b) cycling chest infection and severe asthma (only since August)
c) decreased exercise (never a big one for getting out of my chair, me,
and the pilates class folded ....)
d) steroids to treat asthma and cortisone to treat trigger finger
e) weariness meaning that I don't have the energy to sort this
f) weariness also means I eat worse - I tend not to eat breakfast, lunch
is salad or soup (depending on season), and most calories are in the
evening.  Worse food is just so much easier to cook, and so much more
comforting!

Those of you in academe may just put it all down to me working full-
time, writing a PhD part-time, and being at the end of data collection
and starting to write it up. Please tell me not to worry if submission
is a cure-all!  I can hang on for a couple of years - this level of
control is far better than I had pre-pump, but it isn't good enough for
a lifetime of being-in-the-world.

Go for it, guys (by the way, solutions that involve giving up work or
Phd are going to get binned - I'd rather have two years of what I have
now than 30 years of banality)

Cheers,

Pat
--