Re: [IPk] Autolet Impression

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes
>  A lot of people I have met seem to think it's very odd
>> to use one company's whanger and lancets with another company's meter.
>> That tells me that the branding message is getting through, because as
>> long as you get the blood sample it doesn't matter what you poked
>> yourself with!
>
>It may also be due more to the fact that often the whanger doesn't fit in the
>case provided for the meter (eg with the Esprit, it's an odd shaped whanger).
>And also because if you want a different whanger than the one provided, you
>generally have to buy it separately rather than getting it for free with your
>meter....
Or depend on the kindness of people here to send you your preferred
whanger.  Or buy a meter you never use to get the free whanger.

The kinds that are given away free are not available for sale (which
makes me wonder why some others _are_ available for sale): if there is
money to be made in selling lancet-whangers, why do not all
manufacturers sell them?  If there is no money to be made except through
producing gifts-with-purchase, why do some people sell them????

Cheers,

Pat
(confused still; but wondering if it is to do with cost-per-unit of
manufactuer of different types.  If you can produce a thousand whangers
for, say, a thousand pounds, selling them at #5 makes you a nice profit.
But if it costs seven thousand pounds to make a thousand, you can't make
a profit, but if you make a hundred thousand and it only costs you fifty
thousand, then you can sell a hundred thousand to be given away for 200
thousand, and be making a profit).

--
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted