[IPk] Re: variable insulin resistance etc

Pat,
There is no doubt that proving this idiosyncratic insulin response
could improve your control - if you proved it, you could act on it more
accurately than just in a vague hand-waving sort of way - as I guess
you might do now.
Some months ago, you and others on this list helped me understand the
fact that my insulin resistance differs at different bg levels - though
in my case it increases steadily as soon as bg starts to rise above
normal levels - and acting on this premise in determining the size of
meal boluses and correction boluses improved my control. I am intrigued
by your theory of a flip to much higher insulin resistance - suspect
that too may happen to me at higher bg, and now that I am looking out
for it, I may experiment with monitoring this effect - thanks!
I did use the cgms a couple of times - wrote it up on the IP web site -
one problem with it, for me at least, is that my body seems to become
much better behaved when being monitored than normally - perhaps an
adrenaline effect - I wanted at one stage to test what happened at high
bg's, and despite eating lots of chocolate biscuits, remained on the
verge of hypo.
Nanette